Monday, May 9, 2011

The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid | Bill Bryson

After the earthquake of February 22nd (Christchurch, New Zealand) I found it very hard to concentrate on any reading, something quite foreign to me. A friend lent me this book, and having enjoyed Bryson in the past, I thought I’d give it a go.
It was perfect. In this book Bryson tells about his childhood in the 50’s middle class America. There are anecdotes and reflections on life, the new rich, the lifestyle that American’s settled into after World War 2. It is told in a delightful voice full of the innocence and insight only children have.
Anyone can enjoy this book and it helped to get back into reading. Bryson can be relied upon to tell a good story and make you laugh out loud. Thanks Bill!



The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid
Buy from fishpond.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment